Monday, July 19, 2010

Other June Submissions, Jacobo Jack

Cantilevered:


..................A lawyer put me on a horse
.................The water pushed the lawyer down
................A younger hobo smoking on a railroad spike walks by muttering
................(loudly to the 3 of us)
................."You Are What You Are."

When I eventually met that man he was already dead
He took up all available space for us
He was as abundant as a skeleton

................... First comes the blues: midnightest moves to barely-there
...................Which is where the chirp-chatter birds show and Dawn exhales
...................Blowing gently on the Sun to get him going for us
...................A circus then took me away

I'm sure the man exhaled. He had to at least half the time
Because if he didn't that would mean he was already dead.
And He would disappear for hours
each day: He left around Eye-blue (or before)
Apparently going to work. Inhaling and Exhaling the whole way
I am sure of it- or he would've been fired.
He certainly exhaled in the house- I am sure of it. Because it was
That pickled egg rotten tooth breath that showed me exactly
How I was not going to live.

..........................................The anti-passion of an uninspired fool


Then comes the yellows to take over from the blue. Making
Photosynthetic creatures wake up and take notice
And, however sick you are. Whatever sick you are- there will be a
Tinge of rejoicing, its human. its genetic

.....Chirp-chatter birds change themselves into song-birds
...........................And all things begin their predetermined work (the man
...........................woke up so early in the blue because he had to commute
...........................before he could do his work.)

Hello man, i tried walking between your veins to see what I might
Be missing or not getting. I found nothing but more nothing
So, now listen, my revolver pointed at an unlucky moon...
Don't you dare ask why.

......................................................You Are What You Are
........................................................You Are Comfortable


---Jacobo Jack

No comments: